Friday, November 14, 2014

Do what you <3 love <3

What do I love doing the most?

Photographing wildlife and animals, hanging out with my horse, deer hunting, and cooking anything. I can’t rate any of these things, I honestly don’t know which I prefer doing the most. It would be in between: walking alone through the woods with my camera. Or when I’m sitting in the warm grass, next to my grazing horse. Or when I’m surrounded by the chilly darkness in my tree stand, on the opening day of gun season. Or when the counter is covered with flour, the timers going off and I’m just trying to wash that “before used and now needed” measuring cup. (I know I’m a pretty diverse girl)

Then there are things I’ve learn/learning to love. Because if you don’t love what you do then every day is work. Amiright? I hated extremely disliked my job when I first started back in July of 2012 (hard to believe it’s been that long ago) but about a year and a half into it. I can honestly say my job is something I look forward to each day. But I’m one of those types that does the worse part of job first; just like as a child I ate the “nasty” food first and saved the best till last=) So as an adult, I get the worse thing on my work “to do” list done first thing after sitting at my desk. The following quote inspires me everyday to start each day off with a good attitude.

"Fires can't be made with dead embers, nor can enthusiasm be stirred by spiritless men. Enthusiasm in our daily work lightens effort and turns even labor into pleasant tasks." ~James A. Baldwin

And this help me not just at work but in every area of my life.

Also in high school Physical Fitness was mandatory…I ran a mile almost every day in high school. But I didn’t enjoy it at ALL! I felt every single time my feet hit the ground. That finish point on our drive never came soon enough. Since high school, working out and I have come to a love/hate relationship. I’ve had to come to terms with the fact that I’ll have to do some kind of fitness everyday for the rest of my life. (something sweaty everyday) I mean our bodies, don’t just work that food off by themselves. And once I did, I started to look forward to my morning workout…I’ll even do something on the weekends. I’m not where I want to be with this, but I’m headed in the right directions and I hope to eventually to love working out one hundred percent of the time.

IMG_4834-2IMG_4860-2IMG_4883-2IMG_4900-3IMG_4913-2IMG_4926-2

The smiling faces of my siblings as they enjoy the creations I make in the kitchen, are the thank yous that warm my heart…and make me continue to try and prefect that next recipe=) These were some of the cookies I mentioned making on Wednesday.

It snowed yesterday!!!! So beautiful, I could have just stared out the window at it all afternoon. But I’m an adult and I was at work, so it wouldn’t have gone over very well. Hope your weekend is fabulous!

Happy Friday=)

 

B65CA3B1C6A0968D2D817F7063176B02

2 comments: